Playing a sport at college is an excellent way to lower the cost of attending college. You could be offered a discount on your tuition or even be offered a full scholarship! If you would like to enroll at a public college, then it is recommended that you follow these tips to help you meet the academic eligibility standards for the NCAA:
• Work with your counselor to ensure you take appropriate NCAA core courses.
• Register with the NCAA Eligibility Center at eligibilitycenter.org.
• Work with your school counselor to ensure you will graduate on time with the required number of NCAA core courses.
• Take the ACT or SAT and submit your scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center using code 9999.
• Ask Counselor Pickering to upload your official transcript to the NCAA Eligibility Center at the end of the year.
• Complete last NCAA core courses.
• Take the ACT & SAT again in Fall, and submit your scores to the NCAA Eligibility Center using code 9999.
• Apply to the school of your choosing and confirm they have been accepted.
• Request final amateurism certification beginning April 1 before enrolling in college in the fall.
• Ask Counselor Pickering to upload your final official transcript with proof of graduation to the NCAA Eligibility Center.